To join COSCAP as a producer of sound recordings you must have produced at least three commercially released recordings. The cost of joining as a producer member is a onetime fee of $293.75 VAT inclusive.
Application forms should be properly filled in with all fields completed.
- The application should be made in the Legal Name of the applicant as it appears in your National Identification Card.
- Members should inform COSCAP immediately of any change in contact information including telephone and fax numbers and email addresses.
- The applicant should inform COSCAP of any trade names or pseudonyms (aliases) used.
- Each applicant must supply one passport sized, colour photograph.
- Application forms must be accompanied with completed Work Notification Forms for writers and publishers or for performers and producers and a copy of the recording.
- All members should keep COSCAP informed of all new works by completing Notification of Works forms on a regular basis to ensure that their royalties are accurately paid.
Once your application has been duly submitted a recommendation is made by the CEO to the Council of Directors of COSCAP who will then decide whether you meet the requirements to become a member. You will then be notified in writing and if successful, you are required to attend an induction seminar and to pay the necessary membership fees. You will not become a member until all of these conditions have been met.
All members join the organisation as a “provisional member” for a two year period.
A provisional member has all the privileges and obligations of an active member but is not eligible to vote and is not eligible to hold any office of COSCAP. After a requisite two (2) year period, provisional members can become “active members”.