To join COSCAP as a performer you must have appeared on at least one commercially released recording as the lead singer, a background singer or as a musician. You must also have been credited for the performance. The cost of joining as a performer member is a one-time fee of $117.50 VAT inclusive.
- A performer’s application form should be properly filled in with all fields completed.
- The application should be made in the legal name of the applicant as it appears in your national identification card and any pseudonyms should also be provided.
- Members should inform COSCAP immediately of any change in contact information including telephone and fax numbers and email addresses.
- The applicant should inform COSCAP of any trade names or pseudonyms (aliases) used.
- Each applicant must supply one passport sized, colour photograph.
- The application form must be accompanied with the completed performers’ work notification form and copies of recordings.
- All members should keep COSCAP informed of all new recordings by completing Notification of Sound Recordings forms on a regular basis to ensure that their royalties are accurately paid.
Once your application has been duly submitted a recommendation is made by the CEO to the Council of Directors of COSCAP who will then decide whether you meet the requirements to become a member. You will then be notified in writing and if successful, you are required to attend an induction seminar and to pay the necessary membership fees. You will not become a member until all of these conditions have been met.
All members join the organisation as a “provisional member” for a two year period. A provisional member has all the privileges and obligations of an active member but is not eligible to vote and is not eligible to hold any office of COSCAP. After a requisite two (2) year period, provisional members can become “active members”.