We welcome a new Board of Directors for 2014-2016 including your new Chairman Anderson "Blood" Armstrong. Anderson is recognised as one of the most talented male artists in Barbados and was the youngest person ever to make the National Calypso Finals in Barbados. He was also a founding member, lead vocalist and guitarist in one of Barbados' and the Caribbean's most prominent party bands, Square One. He continues to make a significant contribution to the music industry with the establishment of his record label and recording studio. Anderson has been an active member of COSCAP volunteering in the Guardians of Music programme and other initiatives.
As Chairman, he plans to focus on promoting COSCAP and the respect for music with members and the general community.
Profile of the Board:
- Denis Cadogan - Deputy Chairman. Denis has been quietly supporting the local music industry for many years and is an Executive Producer. He also has tremendous business experience as the Executive Director of Equity Insurance.
- Kirk Brown - Writer Director. Well-known radio personality, performer and music entrepreneur. Kirk will bring a focus to marketing, communications and members' relations.
- David "D2" Davis - Writer Director. In addition to music, D2 manages his interior design business. Like Kirk he will be focused on marketing, communication and members' relations.
- Ayana John - Writer Director. Ayana is a young, well-known artist but she is also a mathematician and will be focused on COSCAP's financial matters.
- Chris Allman - Performer Director. Chris is a music industry veteran who is well-known throughout the Caribbean. He will also focus specifically on members' relations.
- Don Marshall - Writer Director. Sir Don has been a active member of the COSCAP board and brings his experience in terms of human resource management and marketing.
- Anthony Nadur - Producer Director. There are few persons as enthusiastic about the local music industry than Anthony who is keen to bring his business experience especially in communications to COSCAP's board.
- Phil Phillips - Publisher Director. If you do not know Phil then you really aren't familiar with the Barbados music industry. With years of experience Phil is particularly focused on marketing and communications.
- Peter "Adonijah" Alleyne - Writer Director. A stalwart in the local entertainment scene. Adonijah brings his journalistic background to focus on communications.
Additionally, for the first time COSCAP has an external director, Professor Andrew Downes, a well-known economist who will focus on financial matters.
The officers of COSCAP are:
- Darwin Worrell - Treasurer. Darwin is also a writer member of COSCAP and a chartered accountant.
- Ivan Alert - Corporate Secretary. Ivan is an attorney-at-law who is responsible for ensuring COSCAP compiles with all legal requirements.