ALL DISTRIBUTION PAYMENTS FROM SEPTEMBER 2009 WILL BE PAID DIRECTLY TO BANK AND CREDIT UNION ACCOUNTS. THIS IS TO ENSURE GREATER SPEED AND EFFICIENCIES IN PAYMENTS! COMPLETE AND RETURN YOUR BANKING INFORMATION FORMS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
Launch of COSCAP Foundation
The COSCAP Foundation has been established as a philanthropic arm of COSCAP (Copyright Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers Incorporated). The COSCAP Foundation consists of a patron, Sir David Simmons K.A., B.C.H., Q.C., Chief Justice of Barbados and a ten-member board of directors in the persons of Chairman Mr. Glyne Murray, Vice Chairperson Mrs. Ayanna Young Marshall, Secretary, Ms. Lynette Eastmond,
Treasurer Mr. Norman Barrow, Miss. Stella Hackett, Mr. Nicholas Brancker, Chairman of COSCAP, Mr. Derek Wilkie, Director of COSCAP Mr. Stedson Wiltshire with the CEO of COSCAP, Miss. Erica K. Smith sitting ex-officio.
- Creating opportunities for the local music industry
- Providing opportunities for COSCAP members through social development
- Educational activities geared to increase awareness and appreciation for
the Barbadian music industry
- Promoting and stimulating an enabling environment for the Barbadian
music industry and exploitation of Barbadian music.
Starting in July 2009, COSCAP will begin initial music monitoring in Barbados using the monitoring system of software technology company BMAT. COSCAP and BMAT announced their partnership to monitor all radio and later all television and internet broadcasts. Vericast is a powerful, lightweight, yet extremely robust audio recognition technology for monitoring radio, TV, Internet and live performances. The solution provides monitoring and recognition based on the analysis of raw audio that is resistant to signal alterations such as broadcast mastering effects or noisy channel degradation.With continuous and precise tracking, Vericast guarantees accurate emission
reports, making it ideal for identifying music broadcasts.
BMAT, Barcelona Music and Audio Technologies, is a music innovation company developing innovative software for the music industry. BMAT specializes in the development of audio technology software, focusing their knowledge and passion on one goal – to change the way people interact with music. Offering the latest cutting-edge technology, BMAT provides solutions for music copyright detection, music discovery and musical edutainment.
To make this initiative work for you, it is important that COSCAP has copies of all of your recordings (including jingles) and your permission to digitize them into the necessary format and to add all of the identification codes including the International Standard Recording Code (ISRC). The sooner we have your music in digital format the sooner we can identify it whenever it plays.
- Members are reminded to submit live performance sheets to COSCAP within 90 days of the performance to ensure that they are included in royalty payments. You are also reminded that royalties are only paid if the event has been licensed. Please verify with COSCAP in advance that the event has been licensed.
- Similarly, the use of your music in advertisements and jingles represent a potentially lucrative revenue source. Please advise COSCAP whenever it is used to ensure it has been licensed!
- You are also reminded to provide COSCAP with your completed notification works forms for all your new releases as soon as possible as any delay in submission may result in delays in royalty payments.